The Chairman of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) Lagos State Council, Musiliu Akinsanya (aka MC Oluomo), has instructed commercial drivers not to allow passengers without a face mask into their vehicles.
MC Oluomo made this known in a statement, containing the operational guidelines to members following the easing of the lockdown in the state from Monday.
He said the union has set up a Task Force Unit to arrest any driver/union member that violates the guidelines.
SEE GUIDELINES BELOW:-
- The NURTW state Secretariat will operate at 60% staff capacity forthwith. The staff members that are to resume at the office will be duly communicated.
- The Secretariat will operate between 9am to 3pm daily.
- Only motor park chairmen and park attendants are allowed to resume at their respective motor parks for now, this is aimed at reducing crowd at the motor parks.
- Operational time is between 8am to 7pm daily, no excuse will be entertained from any driver caught operating after this time.
- All passengers MUST put on their face mask. Failure to use it, such passengers should not be allowed into their vehicles.
- Tricycle Owners and Operator’s Association of Nigeria “TOOAN”(Maruwa operators) are to abide by the Lagos state government’s directive of carrying two (2) passengers at a go.
- Drivers and their bus conductors are to ensure the practice of social distancing by operating at 60% loading capacity.