ENUGU STATE POLICE COMMAND PRESS RELEASE
In Reply, Please Quote:
Ref. No.: AZ:5052/ENS/PRD/VOL.1/90
Date: 2nd December, 2020.
The Director of New
ISI-UZO STATE CONSTITUENCY BY-ELECTION:
– CP orders maximum deployment of personnel
In view of the forthcoming By-Election into the vacant Isi-Uzo State Constituency holding on Saturday, 5th December 2020 and conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the Commissioner of Police, Enugu State Command, CP Ahmad AbdurRahman MSC, FICMC, FCAI, MNIM, has ordered the maximum deployment of personnel for Election Duty.
- The Commissioner, while reassuring adequate security before, during and after the Election, has charged the personnel to be professional and upright in the discharge of their duties, noting that anything in the contrary will be met with severe sanctions.
- He warns against all forms of electoral malpractices and violence during the Election, while calling on Political Parties and their stalwarts to exhibit a high sense of decorum and sportsmanship by shunning acts inimical to the peaceful conduct of the Election. He notes that the full weight of the law will be brought to bear on anyone found wanting.
- The CP also enjoins the Electorate to go out and exercise their franchise on the Election day without fear or favour, and conduct themselves in accordance with the Election’s guiding rules and regulations.
- Meanwhile, the Electorate as well as residents of Isi-Uzo Local Government Area and its environs have been called upon to be peaceful, vigilant and promptly report acts of electoral malpractices and violence observed during the Election by calling the Command’s hotlines on: 08032003702, 08075390883, 08086671202 or 08098880172.
ASP DANIEL NDUKWE
Police Public Relations Officer,
For: Commissioner of Police,
Enugu State Command