1. In line with the *Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Muhammed Adamu Npm, mni,* directives to mop up arms from criminal elements and gangs across the country, with focus on Community Policing Strategy, through intelligence led-investigation, some criminals gangs were arrested while sophisticated arms and ammunition were recovered from them across Zone 2 comprising Ogun and Lagos States.
2. This consists of three different deadly kidnapping syndicates of young men, who have serial records of kidnapping and killings in the Southwest zone. These youngsters recently kidnapped a serving woman Police Inspector and an Operative of Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) in Ogun State and collected ransom before setting them free.
3. Receiving information on this banditti; the *AIG* directed *Zonal Monitoring Tactical Unit* to ensure they track down the heinous perpetrators, of which six (6) of them who operated in three different groups, were nabbed. It was later discovered that these men of the underworld mounted a road block on Ayetoro-Abeokuta Road in Yewa axis of Ogun State during which the Police Inspector ran into them on 4th May, 2020 about 5:25pm around Ayetoro; While they were manhandling her, the driver of a car coming behind attempted to maneuver their onslaught but had to pay with his dear life.
4. These heartless beasts targeted the driver and opened fire on him: Sadly, their bullet hit him and he died. Thereafter, the other female occupant of the vehicle was kidnapped alongside the Police Inspector, taken into a forest for three days before releasing them after payment of ransoms by their relatives.
5. In the case of the *NSCDC* official, he kept some cattle in the custody of one of these boys to graze. It was this employer of his; identified as “ARE” who gave him out to the gang, he was kidnapped on his way to the farm at Eggua in the Yewa North Local Government Area of Ogun State.
6. He was held in captivity for three days in the forest before he regained his freedom after payment of N3million ransom. Similarly, one *“ALHAJI ORO”* a big time cattle breeder, who had his farm in Eggua, Ogun state was kidnapped on his way to the farm, held for four days and was shot and killed by these boys despite payment of the demanded N4m ransom. These groups traced another target, identified as Umaru at Awaiye in Oyo State, trekked from Ogun State and were on the road for two weeks. They ambushed him on his way to the farm and successfully seized him. He was in their captivity for two days and was able to meet the kidnappers’ demand of N1m for his release.
7 . In another development, this syndicate targeted one *ALHAJI ADEGOKE*, from Otu near Iseyin in Oyo State, during which they made a demand of N25m ransom from his relatives. But while that was on, one of them with AK47 rifle was on his guard while others went out for yet another operation.
8. It was at this point that fate played in favour of the victim as the man on guard slept off and *ALHAJI ADEGOKE* was able to escape while he cleverly hid himself in the forest. Upon realization of his escape, the raging kidnappers, in their large number, scattered into the forest, shooting sporadically with the intention to have him killed. The man is hale and hearty while six of the evil perpetrators are in custody, to pay for their longtime evil deeds.
1. *ADAMU SALIU AGED 25 YEARS*
2. *IBRAHIM MOHAMMED AGED 33 YEARS*
3. *ABUBAKAR SADIQ AGED 24 YEARS*
4. *TAMBAYE MOHAMMED AGED 25 YEARS*
5. *ADAMU SULAIMAN AGED ADULT*
6. *AKANNI MUSA AGED 38 YEARS*
*ITEMS RECOVERED: FIVE AK47 RIFLES.*
*DSP Hauwa Idris Adamu*
*Zonal Police Public Relations Officer,*
*Zone 2 Command* *Headquarters,*